By now, you’ve probably heard of ChatGPT and other AI tools. The fact is, this technology is slowly creeping into all aspects of our lives – from how we work, to how we shop, to how we exercise, and how we communicate. For some, it’s potential is exciting. Others view it as simply scary. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts!
As business owners, and more broadly as members of society, we are faced with a choice – to embrace this technology or get left behind. So, what will it be for you? Will you be using AI in your HR consultancy or are you running the other way?
Read on as we discuss AI and what it means for your HR business. For 1:1 advice on enhancing your business, book a call with MindAbility today!
First Things First, What Is AI Technology?
AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology refers to the use of computer algorithms to simulate human intelligence and carry out tasks that usually require human-like understanding, reasoning and decision-making abilities. AI is a broad field that encompasses various subfields such as machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision and robotics. There are now thousands of AI tools available – each can be programmed to complete a specific task or produce a certain output.
How Does ChatGPT Fit Into The AI Puzzle?
Have you tried ChatGPT yet? You’ve probably read about it in the paper or seen it on the news. Maybe you’re even using it in your business? Some say it may be intelligent enough to write the next blockbuster movie! On the other hand, students across the globe are using the technology to complete assignments – but this will be coming to an end soon as many schools and universities put a ban to its use.
ChatGPT is a large language model trained by OpenAI, based on the GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) architecture. It is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) program that generates human-like responses to text inputs in natural language, such as answering questions, carrying out conversations, and completing tasks.
ChatGPT is trained on vast amounts of text data, allowing it to understand and generate responses to a wide range of topics and contexts. It can be used for various applications, including chatbots, virtual assistants, and customer support services.
While it can help you to do ordinary writing tasks faster, the output is only ever as good as the input, meaning if you don’t know how to utilise the technology, you’ll probably just waste time!
Another important factor to note about ChatGPT is that whilst it can produce content quickly at the click of a button, it can never craft any new or original ideas. That’s because it is trained on established data so all answers are based on existing information.
Here are some other limitations:
- Responses are limited by the text data it has been trained on. If it has not encountered a particular topic or context before, its responses may be incomplete or inaccurate.
- May generate biased or inappropriate responses if it has been trained on biased or inappropriate text data.
- May struggle with understanding sarcasm, irony, and other forms of nuanced language that require context and cultural understanding.
- May not be able to recognise and respond to non-textual information, such as images, videos, or audio.
- May not be able to provide personalised responses or understand complex user inputs that require specific knowledge or expertise.
AI Can’t Replace Human Creativity And Intelligence
We know that AI is capable of some pretty extraordinary things. But it hasn’t and will never match or exceed the creativity or originality of a human. If you’re concerned about the abilities or progress of AI, always keep this in mind.
AI Applications for HR Founders
It’s time to view AI as not an alternative to human input, but something to support it. AI can help you do the great work you do as a HR founder! But failing to embrace it will only leave you scrambling to catch up with those who do.
As a HR founder and business owner, you want to always be finding new ways to be at the forefront of the work-space evolution. And utilising AI is a sure way to do this.
So how can it practically help you?
Well, there are several applications, including:
- Brainstorm ideas: When asked, AI can brainstorm and help you view different perspectives.
- Create content: There are AI writing tools which can help you generate content in a click (we always suggest editing this to put your own spin on it though!)
- Enhance design: There are now new tools emerging that can help you speed up your design process so crafting graphics is easier and faster than ever.
- Planning and organisation: Some AI tools are designed to optimise planning and efficiency– whether that be related to organising teams, keeping processes on track, automating tasks, or working with data.
Embrace AI And Stay Ahead Of The Game
AI may seem scary, but I encourage you to simply view it as the next progression in the evolution of technology. Automation and AI can make our lives easier in all aspects, including in business, and it’s important we embrace this to keep up with the times.
After all, we didn’t go to the moon alone.
If you’re looking for support to ensure your HR consultancy is at the forefront of the work-space evolution, get in touch with the MindAbility team. We’ll help you build your ideal business, on your terms.